Christian Kuttner studied chemistry at the University of Bayreuth, Germany. After graduating in 2009, he conducted his doctoral studies on macromolecular interfaces of organic/inorganic composites and colloidal materials in the group of Prof. Andreas Fery. As a postdoctoral researcher, he developed nanostructured materials with optical functionalities at the Leibniz Institute of Polymer Research (IPF) in Dresden. In 2018, he joined Prof. Luis M. Liz-Marzán’s research group at CIC biomaGUNE, Donostia-San Sebastián, Spain, where he continued his investigations as a Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellow. His research interests comprise the synthesis of polymeric, noble metal, and hybrid particles and their directed assembly into superstructures as stimuli-responsive optically functional materials for application in sensing. In 2021, he accepted an editorial position at Springer Nature for Nature Communications, handling manuscripts in physical chemistry and nanomaterial sciences.
References: GoogleScholar | ResearchGate | Publons | ORCID
Fellowships, Awards, and Distinctions
- Lead of the Global Editorial Chemistry Community, a forum for Nature Portfolio and Springer BMC editors at SpringerNature, 2023.
- Organizer of the 1st “Leading for Tomorrow” Alumni Community Meeting of the German Physical Society (DPG), Berlin, Germany, 2022.
- “Leading for Tomorrow” Program Graduate of the German Physical Society (DPG), Bad Honnef and Berlin, Germany, 2021.
- Best Paper Award of the International Conference on Optical MEMS and Nanophotonics (OMN), Daejeon, Korea, 2019.
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship awarded by the European Commission, 2018.
- Certified Business Chemist (Geprüfter Wirtschaftschemiker) awarded by the German Chemical Society (GDCh), Münster, Germany, 2017.
- ACS Nano Best Poster Prize awarded at the International Conference on Self-Assembly in Confined Spaces (SACS), San Sebastián, Spain, 2016.
- Best Poster Award at the Lecture Conference on Photochemisty, Jena, Germany, 2016.
- Certified Quality Expert (Geprüfter Qualitätsexperte) awarded by the German Chemical Society (GDCh), Frankfurt, Germany, 2016.
- Certified Project Manager Business Chemistry (Geprüfter Projektmanager Wirtschaftschemie) awarded by the German Chemical Society (GDCh), Münster, Germany, 2015.
- Best Poster Award at the Zsigmondy Colloquium of the German Colloid Society (Kolloidgesellschaft e.V.), Konstanz, Germany, 2014.